Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Mashup

Starting with Limitless,

Photobucket

Photobucket
(Snagged from here)

The Course
The North pad was pretty lame. I actually thought it was going to be a mixed layout of some kind, but it was just a circle. On a brighter note, I guess it was probably a good idea overall; the less experienced drivers would have more time to learn without having to wait in line for so long.

The East (or left) pad was the usual figure-eight pattern, with walls surrounding the entire area. The walls were relatively new to me because they weren't there the last time I had an event here. To my surprise though, it wasn't scary at all.

My overall experience was... "ehh"
This was the first time I went out to a track alone, and HOLY SHIT did it make a whole world of difference. I was lucky enough to tag along with Darius on our way there, but while Darius was signed up for full-track drifting, I wasn't.

Unless your buddies are there with you, I definitely think drifting IS NOT as fun just as it can be. Of course it was cool to have Darius and Joseph around from time to time, but they've got to do their own thing as well. DAMN YOU JOHN AND ADRIAN FOR BAILING! I was actually bored the entire time up until lunch break, when my friend Daniel arrived to watch and keep me company.

Camera
I borrowed this Creative Vado from my friend Roger.


The camera's image quality came out just fine; the buttons, however, were HORRIBLE. One of the reasons why I wasn't able to film anything was because I didn't actually "hit" the record button when I thought I did.

Meanwhile, my runs also weren't so consistent enough to get anything good on camera either.
I think my first lap was probably my best lap (which I don't conveniently have a video of), while each consecutive lap afterwards turned out more and more retarded. Darius actually ended up giving me some advice later on the day, telling me that I should just eat something and walk it off, and so I did.

I ended up driving SO MUCH BETTER afterwards that I pulled out my camera again after 4 or 5 good runs. Sadly, I lost my momentum when the camera finally went back on, and I thought to myself, "Man, it wasn't meant to be." Oh well, better luck next time.


(Hope you didn't mind all the spins!)


Case in point, I learned three things from this event that I should take note of:
1) Must eat full meals (for better drifting AND TO HAVE FUN).
2) Bring friends (for better drifting AND TO HAVE FUN).
3) Get a better camera with buttons that work (to catch better drifting), and maybe to have fun with editing software later on.


Decals
In other news, Team Jameson officially has decals! Thanks goes to Danny.

(They sort of messed up though because they were out in the sun all day -- damn!)

Android Toy
I got a little something in the mail today:

I know, I'm such a kid hahaha.

Thanks for reading.

4 comments:

  1. Haha cool toy Grady:-D Ohhh... let me get a Jameson Decal P-P-P-P-LEASE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha we only have a few. We originally got them just for us, so all we really needed was three decals. I'll let you have an extra one if we don't plan on doing anything with them.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks so weird to drift. wish i went with you!

    -Lucky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa I didn't even know you commented on this Lucky!

    ReplyDelete